Definitely not a typical day for me. I’m home sick. Seems that I’ve caught the creeping crud. I was feeling pretty nasty already last night – sore throat, achy, headache, exhausted, etc. – and woke up this morning with a congested cough and even less energy. I debated for a bit and decided that it would just be better to stay home and rest. I’ve got a dr. appointment tomorrow anyway, so if I’m still sickly, I can always chat with her about it.
If I was at work, my day would have involved this stuff:
1. Taking care of overdues
2. Pulling interlibrary loans
3. Working on the LRC brochure (we don’t really have anything cohesive currently)
4. Making up a new books poster
5. Starting work on a new display for mid-February
6. Beginning some work on National Library Week (in April)
7. A web training session on putting together a technology plan
(from our system and I can do it at a later date)
8. More ordering
9. Doing the online sexual harassment training required by the college
10. More work on the interesting reference question
A couple of the things I might do from home this afternoon if I perk up a bit. If not, there is nothing that can’t wait until tomorrow. For now, I’ll just be drinking lots of fluids and hanging out on the sofa reading and knitting. Just don’t have the energy for much else. The good thing about colds/flu is you do get better.